Visiting Berger Hotline
Note: Before you come in, please review our plant diagnosis questions to gather information that will let us better assist you.
Bringing in samples
- Monday through Wednesday are the best days to bring a sample in, in case we need to send it out for further analysis.
- Samples with live insects should be placed in a sealed container, such as a glass jar or plastic bag.
- Bring enough plant material to work with for diagnosis which means including both healthy and unhealthy tissue.
- Bring recent samples, not old, dried out material.
- Please do NOT include wet paper towels in bags with plant samples.
San Jose, CA 95112
The entrance to Building #1 is next to our Edibles Teaching and Demonstration Garden. Take the stairs to the second floor and let the receptionist know you want to talk to us. We’ll send someone out to get you.
From North County or traveling North on I-880
Take US 101 South towards San Jose
Take the I-880 North exit, towards Oakland and go 0.2 mi to Gish Rd. exit
Take the Gish Rd. exit and go 0.2 miles, turning left onto E. Gish Rd.
Go 0.2 miles and turn left onto Berger Dr.
Go 0.3 miles to the county complex, and turn into the driveway on the left
From South County
Take US 101 North to Oakland Rd.
Turn right onto Oakland Rd & go 0.7 mile.
Turn left onto Berger Dr and go 0.1 mile
Turn into the first driveway on the right and park in visitor parking
Look for the visitor parking section. Building 1 is on the west side of the complex (on the left as you face the front of the buildings). The UC Master Gardener office is on the second floor. Let the receptionist at the top of the stairs know you want to talk to us and we’ll come out to meet you.