CANCELED: Growing Potatoes - San Jose
Date: May 26, 2018
Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Contact: UC Master Gardeners
Sponsor: UC Master Gardeners, Santa Clara County, CA
Location: Berryessa Branch Library Community Room
The Bay Area’s long growing season is ideal for growing potatoes—both Irish and sweet potatoes. Come hear Master Gardener Susan Zaslaw share her experiences of growing potatoes.
- Choosing, buying and preparing for planting,
- How to plant and grow,
- When and how to harvest and store,
- How to save seed potatoes to plant the following year.
- Where to obtain potato “slips” for planting,
- Planting and growing,
- Harvesting and curing for storage,
- Growing new slips for next year’s crop.
Susan will recommend varieties of both Irish and sweet potatoes that have done well in her garden. She has been growing vegetables for 50 years and has been a Master Gardener in Santa Clara County for the last twelve years.
Handout: Growing Potatoes
After the talk we will have a seed and plant exchange; if you have any seeds or plants to share please do bring them.
Presenter: UC Master Gardener Susan Zaslaw