Fall Garden Markets
Each location will have a wide variety of wonderful vegetable seedlings for sale that thrive in our cool season and provide fresh vegetables all winter long. Come talk to us and get tips for success with winter vegetables. Arrive early for best selection. Sales benefit the UC Master Gardener program.
For a month by month guide to when to plant different vegetables, see our Vegetable Planting Chart, developed specifically for Santa Clara County.
Saturday, October 8, 2016
10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Arrive early for the best selection of cool-season vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, chard, kale, cabbage, and more. Held at Guglielmo Winery, 1480 E. Main Ave., Morgan Hill.
Palo Alto Demo Garden
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Featuring varieties especially well suited to the northern end of Santa Clara County. Held at the Palo Alto Demo Garden at 851 Center Dr, Palo Alto.
Berger Edibles Demo and Teaching Garden
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Open Garden Day and Fall Plant Sale, with a talk on Cool Season Gardening at noon. Held at the Berger Edibles Demo and Teaching Garden at 1553 Berger Dr., San Jose
South County Teaching & Demo Garden
Monday, September 26, 2016
Featuring varieties especially well suited to the southern end of Santa Clara County. Held at the South County Teaching and Demo Garden at St. Louise Hospital, 9400 No Name Uno, Gilroy.
Martial Cottle Park Harvest Festival
Saturday, October 1, 2016
10 a.m.–3 p.m.
Join us at Martial Cottle Park's Harvest Festival to celebrate the summer harvest and get ready for a winter harvest. Come visit us and bring your gardening questions!
- Hundreds of fall vegetable seedlings for sale. See below for list of what is being offered. Arrive early for best selection. Sale benefits the UC Master Gardener program.
- Flower seedlings to add beauty and attract beneficial insects to your winter garden
- New this year: Heirloom garlic varieties, selected for success in Santa Clara County
- Talks by UC Master Gardeners on growing great cool season vegetables and flowers
|10:30–11:00 a.m||Garlic: Grow Your Own|
|11:15–12:00 noon||Succulents: Marvelous Drought Tolerant Plants|
|12:00–12:30 p.m.||Composting: Turn Waste into Treasure|
|12:30–1:15 p.m.||Cool Season Gardening: Fresh Produce All Year|
- Harvest Table showcasing summer produce, flowers & more
- Free children's activities
- Docent-led tours of UC Master Gardener parcel
- Green Elephant Sale: Gently used tools, pots, books, trellises and more at bargain prices, benefiting the UC Master Gardener program
- UC Master Composter demonstration booth
- UC Master Food Preservers demonstration booth
- Hotline LIVE! Bring your questions and plant samples from your garden for diagnosis
Variety list for Martial Cottle Park sale
OP: Open-pollinated (not hybrid)
All seedlings are sold in six-packs unless otherwise noted. Arrive early for best selection. Some varieties may sell out quickly or be in short supply.