Who We Are
Our volunteers complete a 16-week, 60+ hour training program in home horticulture and remain certified on a yearly basis.
UC Master Gardeners are a primary resource for the dissemination of gardening information from the University of California to the Santa Clara County community. Learn more on the California Master Gardener website.
What We Do
We're actively involved in the community, providing services including:
- Help Desk, accessible by telephone, email or drop-in.
- Monthly email newsletter providing timely gardening best practices and a list of upcoming classes and events. Sign up to receive it!
- Demonstration gardens throughout the county showcasing best practices for home gardeners, including fruit trees, edible gardens, low water and California native landscapes.
- Events and classes on a wide variety of gardening topics, held at venues throughout the county.
- School garden support offering advice to support school gardens and classes, including gardening basics, training for adult volunteers, and children's classes.
- Speakers bureau to provide talks for organizations.
- Our annual Spring Garden Market and Fall Garden Market offer a wide variety of seedlings for sale, plus talks, horticultural information and one-on-one interaction with UC Master Gardeners.
We hope you find our services useful and we look forward to helping you with your gardening challenges! You can Make A Gift to our program. All gifts are tax-deductible as prescribed by law.
The UC Santa Clara Master Gardener program was started in 1982, just a year after the first programs were established in California. Visit the UC History page for more information.
Becoming a UC Master Gardener
If you're interested in learning how to become a UC Master Gardener, visit the Becoming a UC Master Gardener page.