Spring Garden Market — Gardening Talks and More
Gardening Talks for 2018
Join us for 30-minute talks on a variety of gardening topics at the Spring Garden Market.
Growing Great Tomatoes
Who doesn't love a home-grown tomato? Come to this talk for a discussion on how and when to plant tomatoes, soil preparation, irrigation needs and fertilizing, along with staking/caging tips and hints.
Growing Chiles and Peppers
We can grow an amazing variety of chilies in this area -- many different colors, sizes, and heat levels. Learn how to get your plants off to a great start. We will cover transplanting, watering, fertilizing, protecting, and harvesting.
Growing Vegetables in Containers
Love the taste of fresh vegetables, but short on gardening space? If you've got a sunny porch, patio or balcony, you can grow many vegetables successfully in containers. We'll discuss container size, soil, watering, and fertilizing, along with which plants do well in containers. Examples will be shown.
Master Gardener docents will lead tours in two of our garden areas. Come learn about the beautiful plants and observe exciting wildlife in the garden.
Habitat & Pollinator Garden Tour
Meet at the Bird Bath in the Habitat Garden.
California Native Garden Tour
Meet at the Covered Bench in the California Native Garden
Ask the Experts Information Tables
- Help Desk LIVE! Bring your questions and plant samples and learn more about what is in our gardens.
- California Native Plants: Find out more about these plants that are perfectly adapted to our climate
- Tool Care: See live demonstrations of how to keep your tools sharp and in tip-top condition
- Santa Clara Composting Education Program: Learn about composting and where to take free classes.
- Growing Alliums: Learn about growing garlic, onions, and more
- School Garden Advice: Get ideas and advice for your school garden
Other informational booths will include: 4-H, Master Food Preservers, Santa Clara County Parks, Friends of the Master Gardeners
Tomato, Pepper, Herb, Flower, and Succulent Questions
Drop by our sales areas to talk with Master Gardeners and get your questions answered on growing, harvesting, dealing with problems, special varieties, and more!