Spring Garden Market — Gardening Talks and More
Gardening Talks for 2017
Join us for 45-minute talks on a variety of gardening topics, held at two different locations at the Spring Garden Market.
||Growing Great Tomatoes||California Native Plant Gardening
||What to Do About Pests in Your Garden||Love Your Santa Clara County Clay|
||D.I.Y. Drip Irrigation||Building Your Compost Pile Demonstration|
California Native Plant Gardening
If you are new to native plants but wish to include them in your garden for beauty, habitat, and sustainability, this talk will give you ideas of how to start with recommendations of easy-to-grow native plants (trees, shrubs, perennials, and annuals) for the home garden.
Love Your Santa Clara County Clay
Learn how to turn your Santa Clara County clay soil into perfect soil for gardening.
Building Your Compost Pile (Demonstration)
Get an overview of how to compost from the County of Santa Clara Home Composting Education Program.
Growing Great Tomatoes
See a demonstration of planting techniques, support systems, and water requirements for growing great tomatoes.
What do Do About Pests in Your Garden
Find out how to deal with garden pests in a sustainable and proactive way using the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach. Also learn to recognize, attract, and retain the beneficial insects in your garden.
D.I.Y. Drip Irrigation
Learn a step by step approach to installation and maintenance of a water-wise drip irrigation system.
Ask the Experts Information Tables
Bring your plant, soil, pest, and tool questions to our Education Booths, across from the Hotel.
- Hotline LIVE! Bring your questions and plant samples and learn more about what is in our gardens.
- California Native Plants: Find out more about these plants that are perfectly adapted to our climate
- UC Davis Arboretum All-Stars: Recommended plants selected by the UC Davis Arboretum. Tough, water-wise, and beautiful.
- Gardening with Succulents: Learn more about these popular, drought-tolerant plants
- Tool Care: Keep your tools sharp and in tip-top condition
- Animal Pest Control: Got gophers, moles, voles or other critters?
Tomato, Pepper, Herb, and Flower Questions
Drop by the plant tables in each of our sales areas to talk with Master Gardeners and get your questions answered on growing, harvesting, dealing with problems, special varieties, and more!